How It Works
This program is fuelled by the unique and experiences of our volunteer EIRs. With their diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise, they bring a wealth of knowledge to the classroom. We also recognize that every classroom is unique, and each teacher will want to highlight different areas of the curriculum in order to enhance the learning process. Accordingly, every teacher/EIR pair works together to design each visit to meet the needs of their classroom. This is how the process works:
- Teachers and EIRs apply online.
- We interview EIRs to help match them with an appropriate school.
- Each Teacher is matched with an EIR in their geographical area.
- Each Teacher meets with their EIR to create a plan for visits.
- A live orientation session is held for both Teachers and EIRs.
- The fun begins in the classroom!
*NOTE: Applications for the 2017/2018 school year are no longer being accepted. Any applications submitted after September 1st, 2017 will be processed for the 2018/2019 school year*